Registrations are now being accepted
• Mail in registrations close on the 13th of April
The mail in registration forms for the TNZ Open 2013 can be found at:
• Internet registrations close on the 17th of April
The web registration form for the TNZ Open 2013 is now up and running at:
• Placings- 1st will receive a trophy, 2nd and 3rd will receive medals
The TNZOpen 2013 will be held at the North Shore Events Centre, and will be a ONE DAY event- to be held on the 27th of April.
Poomsae Patterns - Coloured Belts
The patterns required for Yellow Belt participants will be from:
- • Grade 8 to 6, Taegeuk 1 is compulsory as the first of the two patterns. Only a Taegeuk from 2 to 8 may be performed as the second pattern.
- • Grade 5 to 3, Taegeuk 4 is compulsory as the first of the two patterns. Taegeuk 4 may not be performed twice. Only a Taegeuk from either 1 to 3, or 5 to 8 may be performed as the second pattern.
- • Grade 2 to 1, Taegeuk 4 is compulsory as the first of the two patterns. Only a Taegeuk from 5 to 8 may be performed as the second pattern.
- • Competing using higher patterns will NOT gain higher marks.
Poomsae Patterns - Black Belts
Two grades of competition will be run.
- •The highest division will compete AS PER WTF POOMSAE RULES (click to go to the WTF.ORG Poomsae rules webpage), with Poomsae drawn at the Team manager's meeting on the day of competition.
- •The lower division will have Koryo as their first poomsae, and then the player is able to choose one pattern from their age range (as per WTF Rules)- but not perform Koryo again.
Electronic Body Pads
Black Belt sparring is using the Daedo Electronic Body Pads- for all ages. Black Belt competitors will need to have their OWN Daedo Foot protectors. These can be purchased from Scorpion Martial Art Supplies (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All Coloured Belt sparring athletes will be required to bring their OWN non-electronic chest protectors. Coloured Belts do NOT require Daedo socks.